The Gigalaser ™
The Gigalaser & Its Uses
The Gigalaser is the largest laser that PowerMedic Lasers offers and is among the largest of its kind in the world.
It is used for treatment of larger areas of the body, such as the back, neck, hip, or legs.
The screen is divided into three sections that can be adjusted individually and adapted to the treatment of, for instance, a knee, shoulder area, or face.
Besides its laser diodes for treating underlying areas, it also has red and blue/violet light. The red light (660 nm) stimulates the micro circulation in the surface of the skin, and the blue/violet light (405 nm) helps reduce bacteria in the surface of the skin. The result is a very powerful treatment that stimulates the body’s functions in several areas.
Advantages of GigaLaser Treatment
- A larger effect and hence faster healing than other options
- It improves the body’s ability to heal itself faster
- It provides quick and efficient pain relief in large areas of the body
- The practitioner is not required to be present during the entire treatment and other treatments can be given at the same time. (e.g. acupuncture)
The GigaLaser delivers a very large dosage of laser light in a very short amount of time. Therefore, treatment is less time consuming and, at the same time, more efficient for both the patient and the practitioner.
It boasts a simple and user-friendly touch screen with six pre-defined treatment programs. This makes it easy for the practitioner to use the laser.
The device comes with a 2-year warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
Annex V, section 3.2 – Production Quality Assurance.
93/42/EEC concerning medical devices.
Complies with EN 60601-1-1, EN 60601-2-22, EN 60825-1 and various others.
It is CE Certified for the following:
- Chronic joint disorders (arthritis)
- Sports injuries (distorsions)
- Repetitive stress injuries (epicondylitis)
- Muscle pain (myofascial pain)
- Wound healing
It is FDA approved for the following:
- A Temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain and stiffness, minor arthritis pain, or muscle spasm
- Temporary increase in local blood circulation
- Temporary relaxation of muscles